Dave Pickerell: il re del whisky americano - Dave Pickerell: il re del whisky americano - tapisite-com
- The luxury packaging trade show, Luxe Pack Monaco, is back
- Design meets efficiency: the SCR closure with a “diamond side embossing” finish
- The beauty of unfinished wood meets the elegance of real leather: Tapì presents Signature Wood Inspiration Craft Effect
- Tapì Group at WinExpo Georgia 2019 – a great meeting point for producers and exporters
- Expocachaça: the leading Brazilian event for the cachaça supply chain
- Once again, in 2019, the Tapì Group has been recognised as one of Italy’s finest companies at the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Awards
- Clinica de Design Expopack: design, innovation and cutting-edge ideas in wine & spirits packaging
- Packaging Première: luxury packaging at Fieramilanocity
- Édition Spéciale by Luxe Pack: 4 and 5 June 2019
- Édition Spéciale by Luxe Pack: Tapì will be flying to Paris
The King of American Whiskey, has passed away
Dave Pickerell, the King of American Whiskey, has passed away
On 1 November, in San Francisco, Dave Pickerell lost his fight against hypertensive heart failure.
His death has left a great void in the spirits sector. The King of American Whiskey played a central role in the growth of the Maker’s Mark brand. And he put the experience he had gained over the years to good use in recent times, helping dozens of entrepreneurs with small-scale craft distilleries to grow and thrive.
Dave Pickerell used to play American Football, but was also a chemical engineer who set out to transfer the high quality standards in the chemical industry into whiskey distillation, both at Maker’s Mark and at smaller distilleries such as Nelson’s Green Brier Distillery.
He earned himself the nickname “Johnny Appleseed of American Whiskey”, through his expertise and his influence on the production of some of the most expensive premium whiskeys, and his passing will leave a huge gap in the beverage industry.